Nickolas' Favorite Beef Chili
Updated: Jan 29, 2021
This is a simple meat chili that’s always a crowd favorite. I made the recipe to please my son who doesn’t like beans in his chili. Serve it with an array of toppings!
Makes 6-8 Servings
Timing: 5 minutes prep, 45 minutes cooking
11⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
1 teaspoon black pepper
11⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon garlic powder
1.5 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoon cumin
4 sprigs fresh thyme
2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped into 1⁄4’’ pieces
1 - 28oz can of diced tomatoes
1 – 6oz can of tomato paste
2 cups chicken broth
1. In a large pot on medium heat sauté onion with olive oil for 5-7 minutes or until translucent
2. Add ground beef. Sprinkle all the salt and pepper over the beef and sauté for 6-7 minutes, or until the
beef is browned and cooked through.
3. Remove the excess oil and fat from the pan. Add tomato paste and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add soy sauce, spices, and diced tomato to the pan and stir to combine. Add chicken broth.
5. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and let simmer, uncovered, for at least 30 minutes.
6. Serve with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, and avocado