Pear, Pomegranate & Goat Cheese Holiday Salad
PEAR, POMEGRANATE & GOAT CHEESE HOLIDAY SALAD
This salad is great for Christmas dinner. It’s very simple to make, pairs well with almost any meal, and features the colors of the season! I like to plate the salads individually for our sit-down meals. You can also make a big salad in a salad bowl with the dressing on the side if you set it out a buffet.
Makes 8 Servings
Timing: 5 minutes
10 ounces (about 10 cup) spring greens salad blend
1 large or 2 small Bartlett pears, unpeeled
2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
4 ounces chilled goat cheese, crumbled (about 2/3 cup)
Fig Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoon fig balsamic vinegar cider vinegar
3 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Make the dressing: In a cup or jar, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, and salt until well completely emulsified. Season to taste with pepper.
2. Just before serving, cut the pear into thin slices.
3. Place your greens in a large serving bowl. Top with half of your sliced pears and half of your pomegranate seeds.
4. Drizzle the salad with just enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves and gently toss to mix all of the ingredients.
5. Top with remaining pears, pomegranate, and all of the goat cheese. Serve immediately.