Roasted Carrots with Fresh Thyme
I love this side dish because it looks fancy but is very easy to make. Everyone loves it when I serve these, they appeal to everyone at the table from young children to adults!
Makes 8 Servings
Timing: 40 minutes
1.5 lbs small carrots, peeled and trimmed (roughly 24 carrots)
Sea salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil
10 sprigs fresh thyme, cleaned
1. Bring your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bring a large pot of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to boil.
3. Add in your carrots, and blanch for 7 minutes (or until just tender when pierced with a knife).
4. Drain carrots from water and add to a large bowl.
5. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme to your bowl and toss to coat.
6. Place on a baking sheet and roast in over for roughly 25 minutes, or until the outsides are just beginning blister. Serve immediately.