Filet Mignon Roast
FILET MIGNON ROAST
This is a great main course for any fancy meal. The preparation is simple and it easily serves a crowd. Be sure to use a pan that can go from the stovetop to the oven! If you have leftovers slice them thin and keep them in the fridge to use them for sandwiches the next day.
Makes 8 Servings
Timing: 30 minutes, plus resting
3.5 lb beef tenderloin roast, trimmed and cleaned
3 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
3 sprigs fresh rosemary, additional for garnish
4 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400*
2. Generously salt and pepper the entire exterior of your roast.
3. In a large oven safe sauté pan, add olive oil and bring to high heat. Once the pan is hot (you will see ripples in the oil) add in your roast to begin searing. Sear each side for roughly 4-5 minutes, until the exterior is a nice golden deep brown.
4. Add your butter, minced garlic and rosemary to the pan. Allow the butter to melt and once melted, using a spoon, baste the roast for an addition 2-3 minutes, or until most of your butter has cooked off.
5. In the same pan used to sear, place the entire roast into your over for roughly 8 minutes, or until your thermometer measures to 125 degrees. This temperature will cook your roast to a medium rare.
6. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before carving.
7. Once rested, cut into ½’’ slices. Top with the drippings from your pan. Add additional salt to taste and serve immediately.