Fig + Brie Bites
Updated: Nov 10, 2020
FIG + BRIE BITES
You’ll love these easy appetizers for your next party. You can use any creamy cheese you have on hand, and swap out the fig preserves for another fruit if you’d like. These are always a hit with my guests and looks so pretty on the table!
MAKES 12 MINI CUPS
Timing: 10 minutes, plus baking
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 oz phyllo dough, thawed and cut into 2 ½ inch squares (roughly half of an entire package)
¾ cup fig preserves
4 oz brie, divided into 12 equal ½ inch pieces
1 small container of fresh figs, for garnish
Equipment needed: mini muffin tin
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter one 2 ½’’ square of phyllo, top with another square in an alternating direction and butter the top. Repeat until you have 4 layers of phyllo being sure to alternate directions.
3. Place the layered square into your mini muff tin, repeating step 2 until the muffin tin is filled.
4. Add one ½ inch piece of brie into each cup and top the brie with 1 teaspoon of fig preserves.
5. Add a thin slice of fresh fig for garnish.
6. Bake for 10 -12 minutes, until phyllo is golden brown and fig preserves are bubbling.
7. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving